- This topic is empty.
2020-06-22 at 18:20 #545Sherri FentonParticipant
The University of Western Ontario invites applications for a Limited-Term faculty appointment at the rank of Assistant Professor, in the Department of Biology. The start date is anticipated to be no later than September 1, 2020. The appointment will be for two years. Salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience. The successful candidate will be appointed as a faculty member in the Department of Biology, Faculty of Science.
This position was created in support of the teaching mission of the Department of Biology. Duties are divided between Teaching (80%) and Service (20%) activities. Teaching duties will include up to 3.0 full
course equivalents, primarily at the undergraduate level, and may include some graduate course instruction. Teaching duties will also include the development and delivery of online curriculum. Service duties will include support for the administrative coordination of core Biology courses and Departmental
committee duties as assigned.
- A PhD in Biology or related field with experience teaching biology courses at the university level, including online course delivery. Candidates with genetics, ecology and/or evolution expertise are particularly encouraged to apply.
- A degree in Education
- Excellence in undergraduate classroom teaching, as evidenced by, but not limited to:
- Innovative undergraduate course, curriculum, or laboratory design and evaluation
- Outstanding teaching evaluations
- Teaching awards
- The effective implementation of technology in curriculum delivery
- The use of teaching methods that enhance student engagement and learning
- Experience teaching large (>250 enrolment) undergraduate courses
- Experience in providing high-impact learning experiences for undergraduate students
- Interest and/or experience in the scholarship of teaching and learning
- Training in pedagogy or teaching at the university level
- Experience in administering large undergraduate courses
Since 1878, Western University has been committed to serving our communities through the pursuit of academic excellence and by providing students, faculty, and community members with life-long
opportunities for intellectual, social, and cultural growth. We seek excellent students, faculty, and staff to join us in what has become known as the “Western Experience” – an opportunity to contribute to abetter world through the development of new knowledge, new abilities, new connections, and new ways to make a difference.
Western University offers a full range of academic and professional programs for over 32,000 undergraduate and graduate students. General information about Western can be found at http://www.uwo.ca. The Department of Biology (https://www.uwo.ca/biology/) delivers undergraduate programs in Biology and Genetics, as well as contributing to a number of interdisciplinary programs (e.g., Environmental Science, Animal Behaviour, Global Health), and delivering the “biocore” to a range of Medical Science programs.
Candidates are invited to submit a letter of interest, a curriculum vitae, a teaching dossier that includes evidence of teaching effectiveness and a statement of teaching philosophy, along with the names of three (3) potential references to the address below.
Dr. Nusha Keyghobadi, Professor & Acting Chair
Department of Biology
1151 Richmond St
London, ON, N6A 5B7
Please ensure that the form available at:
is completed and included in your application submission.
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. Review of applications will begin on July 24, 2020. We thank all applicants for their interest, but only those selected for an interview will be
Positions are subject to budget approval. Applicants should have fluent written and oral communication skills in English. The University invites applications from all qualified individuals. Western is committed to
employment equity and diversity in the workplace and welcomes applications from women, members of racialized groups/visible minorities, Aboriginal persons, persons with disabilities, persons of any sexual
orientation, and persons of any gender identity or gender expression.
In accordance with Canadian immigration requirements, priority will be given to Canadian citizens and permanent residents.
Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you require accommodations for interviews or other meetings, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Posted on the Faculty Relations website June 19, 2020 (#2020-308)
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.